Philip Chidi Njemanze (born about 1962-1965 depending on source) is a Nigerian anti-GMO activist, physician, inventor and entrepreneur who uses the title “prince.” He claims to be a neuroscientist and that the institute that he runs in Nigeria “has the most advanced innovations in the world today in that area of science.” His laboratory, he says, is “first in the world in many areas of brain related research in space.”
Njemanze is active in various Catholic pro-life and anti-gay marriage campaigns in Nigeria which he ties to anti-GMO activities via claims allowing plant biotechnology and bio-safety regulations somehow facilitates international human egg/embryo trafficking via biological colonialism. He accused the Nigerian government of engaging in human organ trafficking, but provided no evidence, resulting in his arrest in February 2016, but he was subsequently released.
Njemanze opposes foreign investment in and aid programs for healthcare in Nigeria claiming it will open the door to illegal harvesting and sale of Nigerian organs to overseas buyers. He boasts a multi-million dollar medical institute with images of state of the art facilities in Owerri, Nigeria; however, according to online and local news reports the representations are Photoshop graphics with no actual facility. Reports in September 2013 say his land and permits to build his hospital were revoked by local authorities which he links to his antiabortion activities. He claims he is being targeted for assassination by the Nigerian government for exposing their pro-abortion agenda.
Njemanze claims various titles, academic appointments and positions ranging from being a professor of neuroscience in Nigeria to being an astronautics investigator for NASA.
- Chairman and research professor of neurosciences, Chidicon Medical Center, Owerri, Nigeria (present)
- Chairman, Chidicon, Inc (International Academy of Astronautics, National and Space Administration (NASA-USA) principal investigator (January 1993-present)
- Chief Executive Officer of Global Ecosystems Limited (present)
- Chairman, International Coordinator, Global Prolife Alliance
- Founder and Chairman, African Anti-Abortion Coalition – AAAC
- International Academy of Astronautics (IAA)
He claims to be a U.S. patent holder for nine medical devices including Intelligent Transcranial Doppler Probe, and more than 200 patents in total. He says he has written numerous research articles in multiple health and science journals linked to claims for developing a neural network for modeling ecological and biological systems – linked to theories promoted by alternative health practitioners. He claims to have “described the first detailed hemodynamic study of the human brain,” was “one of the pioneers of cognitive neuroscience in space” and was “first to postulate the theory of lateralization of general intelligence in the right brain in men but in the left brain in women.”
Njemanze’s company bio claims the following degrees and training (many of which overlap or conflict with his work experience claims):
- 1986 Rostov State Medical Institute (Russia), Internal Medicine, MD
- 1989 University of Munich, Neurosurgery
- Expertise: Neuroimaging: MRI, Ultrasound, Nanotechnology, Artificial Intelligence, Risk Analysis, Remote Sensing, Geographic Information System Technologies.
- 1989 Research Associate Radiology, London University, Guy’s Hospital
- 1989-1990 International Fellow Neurology, Wake Forest University, Bowman Gray School of Medicine
- 1990 Jane McKinney Award in Neurosonology (Wake Forest University)
- 1990-1991 Senior Research Associate, Assistant Research Professor St. Louis University Medical Center, Neurology, Souer’s Stroke Institute
- 1994-1996 Principal Investigator, NASA Johnson Space Center Neurolab
- 1997-1998 International Fellow, NASA
In addition to anti-gay rights and extreme anti-abortion campaigns, in October 2013 Njemanze wrote to the Nigerian senate president urging the expulsion of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for their support of plant biotechnology (GMOs) which Njemanze linked to a conspiracy to commit genocide in Africa via human embryonic cell research, donation of African women eggs, and international human organ trafficking.
Njemanze also criticized the Gates Foundation for supporting gay marriage and abortion rights. Njemanze has claimed Western nations were the source of “obnoxious bills” in the Nigerian legislature that he characterized as “anti-life” seeking to “introduce biological slavery” by promoting abortion and genetically modified foods. As recently as January 2016, he accused the Gates Foundation of heading a conspiracy to destroy Nigeria.
Njemanze raised the Gates conspiracy and anti-GMO claims speaking at the first 2012 Forum of the Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria (CSN), held in June 2012 in Abuja. At this conference Njemanze claimed Gates has a “hidden agenda of depopulating Africa, through a scientific process which in the long run will have negative effects on human fertility, reproduction and other health and environmental hazards which are detrimental to economic and human growth of Africa.
In related advocacy, in his role as Chairman of the General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria, Njemanze has lobbied the president of Nigeria to oppose local health legislation that he claims would legitimize the trade in human embryos. He claims that Western nations are trying to legalize and encourage embryo and egg donations from Nigerian women stating, “They take the eggs of women and sell them and these women would die in 3 to 4 years time.”
Njemanze also claimed that the official state of Nigeria would cease to exist in 2014 based on international law and past treaties requiring a U.N. referendum on the future of the state during which time all current elected officials roles would be nullified.
Bibliography & Resources
- 1 http://www.nlipw.com/prince-dr-philip-c-njemanze/
- 2 http://thegambiaechos.com/index.php/permalink/3667.html
- 3 http://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/12295714/press-release-on-human-egg-trafficking-and-biological-chidicon
- 4 http://nigeriahornnewspapers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1774:doctors-raise-alarm-concessioning-of-hospitals-ll-encourage-otokoto-in-imo&catid=50:state-news
- 5 http://www.cknnigeria.com/2013/09/rochas-revokes-doctors-land-for.html
- 6 http://crimefacts.org/njemanze-accuses-okorocha-ekwebelem-of-plot-to-eliminate-him-petitions-igp/
- 7 [http://ng.linkedin.com/pub/philip-njemanze/19/251/b78 Njemanze personal profile on LinkedIn
- 8 http://www.chidicon.com/AAAC.html
- 9 http://www.wikifieldtrip.com/wiki/Owerri
- 10 http://www.chidicon.com/files/NjemanzeCV.pdf
- 11 http://geo.arc.nasa.gov/sge/health/twf/chidicon/njemanze.html
- 12 http://shrdocs.com/presentations/8922/index.html
- 13 http://thegambiaechos.com/index.php/permalink/4042.html
- 14 http://www.hallmarknews.com/the-greatest-violence-against-women-is-abortion-dr-njemanze/
- 15 http://www.cnsng.org/viewnews.php?tabnews=501
- 16 http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/medical-expert-advises-president-on-health-bill/
- 17 http://www.hallmarknews.com/the-greatest-violence-against-women-is-abortion-dr-njemanze/
- 18 http://crimefacts.org/why-nigeria-cannot-exist-beyond-2014-by-dr-njemanze-says-america-was-right/